While some heifers are at their home farm, waiting to travel to their new owners, over 40 head are featured in a tent at the hotel headquarters. ALL have videos on the JMS YouTube Channel, NHS playlist for you to study.
The Ameri-Milk Retirement Jersey (and some Holsteins) Dispersal will be on Saturday, June 10 at 11:00 a.m. at the farm owned by Don Mielke in Menasha, Wis.
Genomics were updated on Tuesday, and announcements will be made from the box on sale day. Some heifers came back with their first numbers and they are as follows:
- 308 – GJPI 112, GJUI 14.1, DPR -0.4, PL 6.2
- 310 – GJPI 121, GJUI 14.5, DPR -1.9, PL 4.1
- 311 – GJPI 154, GJUI 14.5, DPR -1.0, PL 6.3
- 320 – GJPI 159, GJUI 18.1, DPR 0.7, PL 7.2
- 321 – GJPI 152, GJUI 17.8, DPR 1.0, PL 6.6
Take a look through the videos and pictures of the dry cows and heifers being offered from Don’s deep pedigreed herd:
2 Breeding Aged Bulls will also be selling. See them walk in this VIDEO.
Bred and springing heifers / milking and dry cows / genomics / production / type – all represented in these consignments from around Wisconsin. Wisconsin State Sale Full Catalog
Bidding will remain open until 12:30 p.m. CDT / 1:30 p.m. EDT on May 16, 2017.
At that time sale close out will occur in Horse Race Style Extended Bidding on www.jerseybid.com.
Pictures and videos from the cattle selection at the Norse Star Jerseys Complete Dispersal will be appearing on the blog throughout the rest of the week.
This is a great group of cattle to add deep pedigrees to your herd, with 100 years of Jersey history. Cows and springing heifers will sell on May 12, starting at 10:30 a.m. (CDT), at the free stall facility. The farm is located 1½ miles N of Westby on Hwy. 14, then right on Lovaas Ridge Rd 1¼ mile. The free stall barn is on the left side of the road. GPS Address: Day 1 – S1175 Lovaas Ridge Road, Westby WI 54667
Cow Pictures / Video Blog Post
Features candid side and udder shots, as well as video of the cows walking to the parlor this morning
Heifer Pictures: (More will be added daily, in their age groups) Today’s featured group is the 1st trimester heifers, those served / not confirmed, and breeding aged heifers.
Key their thigh numbers – the number is the MONTHS they are confirmed bred, X is “exposed” or served, and O is open.
Breeding Aged Heifers: (roughly January – April 2016 birthdates)
The Alan and Sharon Kozak family have too many Jerseys! They are selling close to 150 head of ALL genomic tested, mostly A2A2 designated cattle. Many are milking, a handful of dry cows, as well as a small amount of young, bred and springing heifers.
Sale day is FRIDAY, November 18 at 10:00 a.m. (EDT) and will also be broadcast on JerseyAuctionLive.com for LIVE online bidding!
Highlights from the Clover Patch Herd:
- Fecal Tested Negative for Johnes for 10 years
- ALL cattle are genomic tested
- MANY are A2A2 designated
- ALL animals are Official Calfhood Vaccinates
Herd Health Program at Clover Patch:
- At Birth: Ecolizer +C, BoSe, Vitamins
- Weaning: Inforce, Clostridium with booster 2 to 4 weeks later
- Four to six months: Brucellosis, Bovi-Shield Modified live w/ Lepto hardjo boostered 4 to 6 weeks and prebreeding
- Adults: Bovi-Shield, Scourguard 4KC, Salmonella
- All cows dried off, and heifers precalving are given dry treat treatments and Orbaseal
- Feet are trimmed on all heifers prior to calving. Adult cows as needed, at minimum annually
- Safeguard used routinely to deworm cattle of all ages
Video of all aged heifers – Click HERE:
Friday, September 9, at 11:00 a.m., the Dixie Invitational Sale kicks off the JMS fall sale season. We hope to see you at Bush River Jerseys in Newberry, S.C., on online at http://www.jerseyauctionlive.com!
The Dixie Invitational has a little under 50 head of milk cows to add milk into your herds. Take a look at the Dixie Invitational Milk Cow video and the video for Lots 250-267 milk cows, as well as the photo gallery!